Thursday, September 2

Thoughts

My brother in law said something the other day that resonated with me. We were talking about how awesome it was that his parents had FINALLY after two years sold their house. He explained how he and my sister had prayed out loud, together about it. This was a subject that was very important to them, and they wanted God to sit up and listen to their prayers.

A few days before that, my mother and I were talking about my husband and I adopting or having a baby. My mother, a children's librarian, has wonderful mothers who come through there daily. Many of them she knows well enough to share prayer concerns with and several of them have adopted themselves. She shared with one of these women about our desire. This lady explained to mother that after years of disappointment and discouragement, she started CLAIMING the PROMISES of God. I didn't really understand this completely, but I got the concept.

I began to contemplate these things over in my head. I know my God can do anything and can answer YES to every prayer I have, but that doesn't mean I need or want Him to. There is also a song that someone dear to me used to sing about God being an ON TIME GOD.

Today I was talking to my friend/coworker (who is another blessing) about searching for a verse to CLAIM and she found several blogs that had the perfect ones to choose from.

1 Samuel 1:27

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition which I asked of Him.


Psalm 68: 4-6 Sing to God, sing praises to His name;
Extol Him who rides on the clouds,
By His name YAH,
And rejoice before Him.
A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.
God sets the solitary in families;

No comments:

Post a Comment